Thursday, August 25, 2005

Finished with the shawl, on to the afghan

I finished the shawl for my grandmother over the weekend. I weave in the ends yet, I'll have to do it when I go home for the bridal shower.

Now I need to put together the pieces of the envelope afghan. I think I'm going to pick up stitches and then unse the kitchener stitch. I don't like the way it looked when I tried to use the mattress stitch. I don't want the afghan to have obvious seams. Depending on how it looks I'll probably end up making another one in a different color. It just needs cheap worsted weight yarn. I used Caron Simply Soft in Plum Wine. I think if I make it again it will be in Dark Country Blue. I can't believe I finished knitting the afghan in June and still haven't put it together yet.

No comments: