Friday, November 24, 2006

Holiday Knitting and Magic Loop

I haven't posted in a long time.

I've made progress with my holiday knitting. I've finished my presents for my father and brother-in-law. I'm half done with my mother's present, and my sister's present shouldn't take too long. I'm going to buy my other sister's present.

I've also finished the main part of the present for my nephew so it will be ready for the shower next week. I have a bit of yarn left over so I might make a small and quick thing to go with it.

After the holiday knitting is over I'm taking a break from knitting for others for at least 6 months. Although I'll probably end up breaking the vow and knitting something else for my nephew after he is born. But maybe it doesn't count if it is for a baby. I'll tell myself that anyway.


On to the magic loop experience.

I understand how to do it and have knit a few rounds. However the needle is not really long enough. I have a 24" and it really needs a 29" or longer. I'll probably end up frogging those rows and ordering double points next week. Ideally I would like to have the mittens finished before winter ends. So far I've completed the scarf portion of my scarf, hat and mitten set.

No comments: