Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crazy Stripe Jaywalkers and Yarn Diet

I am half done with the Crazy Stripe Jaywalkers. Made from Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Crazy Stripe Colorway. I loved the first pair of Jaywalkers I made from this yarn about a year ago and knew then I needed to make another pair. My other pair is great for wearing in boots on cold Chicagoland mornings.

I bought the yarn about a year ago on sale, so this is a great stash busting project. I've been going through my stash most weekends to remind myself that I have lovely yarn and can stay on the yarn diet for awhile.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I think handknit socks are perfect for wearing in boots, especially because I swear they don't make most women's boots with any insulation (or traction, but that is a different story) so the wool socks add warmth and padding. I am to the point where I can't stand wearing any other type of sock with boots.