Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Socks, Kits, and Cats... Oh My

I haven't blogged in forever. Mainly because I've been busy and forgetful.




I have finished so many pairs of socks since my last update. The OZ club, which is a 2 year club, has taken a lot of time. I'm also in another sock club, so I am constantly receiving kits. And I am way behind knitting the packages. Late last year, I gave up ever getting current with knitting them. I will say that having two sock clubs has kept me on yarn buying restriction.

The ones that have been knit so far:

Wicked Witch

Glinda

Over the Rainbow

Dorothy ( first socks on Size 0)

Emerald City

Alexandria

Old Kinsale

Raining Cats and Dogs

Ladybugs



WIP Kits:

Enchanted Forest and Flying Monkeys

Cowardly Lion



Kits received but not yet kit:

Toto

Ruby Slippers

We're not in Kansas Anymore

Winter Birches

Sugared Grapefruit

Dreamer

Kits en route:

Yellow Brick Road





Another big thing, is that I've adopted a kitty in April. She has made knitting difficult, because she has so much energy. I was so used to the old gentleman kitty, who would only occasionally rest his head on my WIPs. However this kitty who is about 3 or 4 years old, thinks that yarn is her toy, and as a result I don't get much done around her. I will say that life with a kitty is so much nicer than life without one. I just need to get something that will keep her busy while I'm knitting.

No comments: